The Hong Kong Women Christian Council (HKWCC) was established in 1988 in response to the World Council of Churches’ (WCC) Ecumenical Decade of Churches in Solidarity with Women (1988-1998). For the last fifteen years, we have gathered women and men within the Church to fight for social justice and women’s rights, to develop and promote feminist theology and to stand together with the marginalized community. We also concern greatly on the social-political development in Hong Kong and the renewal of the Church.
* To establish a society of gender equality according to God’s will
* To reflect on the significance of the Christian faith to modern women on the basis of their situations
* To promote opportunities for development of women in society and the Church
* To raise women’s consciousness about their situations and their self-identity through educations
* To gather Christian women in promoting women’s participation in society
* To network among women’s groups, both local and overseas